The last month or so has been an emotional and physical roller coaster. I just haven't had the heart (or the time) to blog.
I love my blog - I love having a place that I can post about those random things that come up in our lives or something interesting that I read somewhere, sharing it with the five of you who actually care enough to read it. ;) I love reading everyone else's blogs - the stories of what is happening in your lives, the recipes, the fun pictures and opinions on current events.
Yet over the last several weeks, I just haven't really kept up with everything. School work, house work, relationships, and everything else has really been weighing heavily on me. I feel overwhelmed and am stressed that I can't handle everything on my own.
I usually feel like I can balance it all and remain pretty care-free, but I've had a tough few weeks. I think I'm starting to come out of the funk, and back into the light. Having a loving husband sure has helped ground me and keep me sane. What would I do without him? I really thank God for giving me such a wonderful life partner and best friend. I could not have done better on my own.
Photo compliments of Mrs. Pie Photography.
So, what have we been up to over the last few weeks?
Not much time for political article reading or blog topic musings lately. I've mostly just been running around with my head cut off.
I got a break from class, but not a break from homework last week. I also hit the I-don't-feel-like-doing-ANYTHING wall and have been forcing myself to work on the assignments a little at a time. Yuck. Our house is a medium-level wreck and we've got multiple loads of laundry to wash, dry, and put away. Our kitchen floor desperately needed a hands-and-knees scrubbing and I've got some plants that have been begging to be put in the ground for weeks. All in good time, my dears.
Matt went to Atlanta two and a half weeks ago to finish the roll cage in the "race car" with his brother and then to the farm with my Dad this past weekend. They did all kinds of fun "farmer stuff" and broke in my dad's new tractor. Matt's been fighting a cold, but it hasn't gotten him down enough to miss much work or play time.
My dad got one of these, a Kubota 4740.
We also got a foster dog, Charlie. We applied over a month ago, and after the vet reference check, phone and home interviews, we finally got this monster of a dog. He's the sweetest thing ever, but I'm wiping up a lot of drool.



No comments:
Post a Comment