So, last week I was too busy to breath, let alone blog. But, I did think about a lot of things throughout the week that might've been decent blog topics.
Politics. Wow. So much going on in the political spectrum that would make a good blog post. A Republican breaches protocol and calls out one of the President's carefully-worded political un-truths. (Here's a good article about how BHO is very careful to avoid out-right lying - technically, but is still untruthful.) The Dems are calling it an unprecedented act, never before has someone been so rude to the President in chambers (of course, it is only "unprecedented" in the fact that you could pick out a single voice instead of a chorus of people calling the president a liar like we heard a few years ago, but who's keeping count?) Did you notice that our representative voted with the herd of other lemmings to "rebuke" Joe Wilson for his outburst, never mind the fact that Wilson had already apologized to the President?
ACORN. Gees, what a bunch of idiots. Glad they finally got caught red-handed, even if the main stream media is still largely ignoring the story. Enough people have seen the tapes that have been released (I'm sure there are more to come) where the federally-funded "community organizers" are advising a prostitute and pimp on how to avoid taxes and find loopholes to get federal assistance in running a brothel. Both houses have voted to cut funding for ACORN (hopefully we can keep funding from going to any of their many subsidies as well). Good riddance.
Then there's Jimmy Carter who feels the need to chime in and call anyone who ever disagrees with the president a racist. I think people should stop interviewing the man since he's obviously not helping the Democratic Party's interests. Of course, some people are loving it. With Carter still injecting his opinion, it makes room for Mitt Romney to tease the Democrats about the current economical and political climate, saying "I'll bet you never dreamed you'd look back at Jimmy Carter as the good old days."
Kanye West is a capital Jerk. I think the president summed it up pretty well.
On a happier subject... football season is finally here. There's nothing like getting together with friends to root on your alma mater. I just love this time of year!
One thing I have noticed - what's up with all of the car banners throughout town all of the time now? I mean, it's one thing to put up a school flag on the passenger window Saturday on the way to the game, but do you really need four of them, in addition to 84-point font school magnets, while driving around town all week long? It seems to be an increasing (and tacky) trend. I don't care what school you root for, it's still tacky.
Grad school is going well. I'm really enjoying my class this semester, it's the foundational course for the area that I'm going to specialize in (radar) and is really interesting. All of this "black magic" stuff is starting to make more sense and I've really been glad that I'm back in school. I've been trying not to think about how long it's going to take me to finish at the rate I'm going... for-ev-er!
Oh yeah, Ryan got promoted at work, so congrats to him! We're really proud of him. Just one of the many benefits of his promotion is that it frees up some time next year and we are seriously talking about taking a trip out to Japan together to visit where we lived for a stint back in '96. Anyone got any travel trips? We're gonna plan the whole trip ourselves and are trying to keep it as economical as we can (which may be hard for a country like Japan). If we're lucky, we might get to swing by and say hi to one of the missionary families that our church supports. I'm really excited about it!
So, last week was crazy. Hopefully this week will be calmer (I always say that, but it never is). Happy Monday!
2 comments:
As Dad said, now that Ryan's got a promotion, he can buy me presents.
Before we were married, I used to gauge Wade's raises based on how many more presents he could buy me. I'm still waiting on about three years' worth of presents (which would be about 398).
Great post Becca and congrats to Amy and Ryan...Joe never sees his raises. I simply take the dough and spend as I see fit (like on our children...they need quilts and stuff like that). hc
Post a Comment