I love spring!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
May Blooms
Here's some of what's blooming this time of year in the yard:
First bloom of the year from my 'Mardi Gras' rose. This is such an easy rose to grow! I just fertilize it once or twice a year and periodically cut off a few buds to enjoy inside.
Peonies make me happy. Mine have been covered in blooms, so I've been enjoying them in the living room and on my desk at work.
I think all of the flower talk might be rubbing off on Matt. I was admiring some pretty hot pink and purple verbena at a restaurant this week and he spouted off, "Nice verbena." I almost choked!
Of course, not everything looks good. The weeks of steady rain have caused several plants to struggle with root rot, and this otherwise healthy yellow rose has some diseased blooms that had to be snipped off.
Ace has been enjoying protecting the swamp of a back yard from all of the invading rodents and has received numerous shampoos and muddy feet wipes. I think our carpet is turning a nice shade of Alabama red clay. The boys' kill list has reached a (known) count of five in the past couple of weeks.
The back fence supports a few climbing roses and they're just waking up from their winter nap. Here is a bloom from 'Blaze'.
I love spring!
I love spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Me gustan mucho los peonies!!! I want them in my yard. You better guard them with your life. I'm liable to come dig some up.
So beautiful Becca!
thanks, and thanks! Come get divisions anytime you want! (Or just a dixie cup of fresh cut flowers)
Post a Comment