Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Game Day Gear

editor's note: I found this as a draft in my blog posts, dated 10/6/09.  Better late than never, right??  Also, it is with great sadness that I tell you my mom is currently on a knitting hiatus... hopefully she'll start back soon so that I can add to my wish list.  (Mom, I want something cute and fuzzy to keep me warm up here!)

You know your University of Alabama Alum mother really loves you when she knits you an orange and blue Auburn sweater because you can't find one you like in the stores!

My mama is a knitting fiend.  We joke that she asks us to drive her places just so that she can knit in the back seat.  She's made all sorts of beautiful skirts, shirts, sweaters, and shawls for us over the past couple of years since picking up the hobby.  I always get lots of compliments whenever I wear one of her creations.

 Also, just so you know, UVA's colors are the same as Auburn's!

I wanted a simple Auburn sweater to wear in the fall during football season, and Mom really delivered.  I was so pumped about it that I had to get some game day jewelry from Auburn Art to go with it.



This super cute bangle is fun.  It's plain enough to be able to wear with non game day apparel too.


I really like the polka dot earrings, but am not sure I'm brave enough to wear them.  They're a lot bigger in person that I'd pictured.  So, the simple silver AU emblems are my wimp-out backups.  Of course, anything is a step up from my daily (jewelry) uniform: a watch and my pearl stud earrings.

War Eagle!!

6 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

Wow your mom is amazing! That sweater is super cute. Better in red and black though :)

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed...that sweater is amazing! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had on your game day gear today! I've thought about you lots and hope you are doing well! Miss you :)

Aunt Angelia said...

Hey Bec Bec! Your sweater is beautiful and would like to see it in person...and the sweet girl enclosed. : ) Love you, Aunt Angelia

Mrs. Pie said...

I might have to order a duplicate... I wonder if she can do those strips and add cable knits...

RBecks said...

Y'all are all so sweet! I think Mom did an awesome job too. Maybe she'll see this post and start knitting again.