Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back, but Sleepy

Ohmigosh... it's almost June!  My posting has really been on a downward spiral the last several months.  At least I have an excuse for the past couple of weeks, but I'll just have to ask you to overlook the lack of regular posts since winter.

We got back from a two week stay in Japan a few days ago but are still a little jet-lagged.  This morning, I got up around 4 AM, caught up on some household things, got dressed, went to the store, bought stamps, and still got into work well before 7.  Weird.  I'm usually having to drag myself up in the morning to get there early enough to make up for missed hours due to school.

For anyone who might not know, Matt and I took a two week tour of Japan with my parents, sisters, and brothers-in-law.  My mom's job moved us to Osaka for a year when I was in high school, and we've always wanted to go back.  After everyone graduated from college, got married, and started working, we figured now was the time.  Better get in any major trips like that before we start having kids! :)

We started out in Tokyo, and then visited several places: Hiroshima, Miajima, Osaka (including our old apartment, school, and church!), Kyoto, Nara, and then saw our friends, the Wilsons, in Nagoya.  It was a lot of fun, and a LOT of walking.  It was definitely not a restful trip, as we got up early every single day (except for one, when I got to sleep in till 9) and did a lot of sightseeing.

I haven't even gone through our bazillion photos of our trip yet, let alone seen the photos taken by the rest of the group.  I'm sure we'll have a ton of great shots as my Dad and Amanda are both excellent photographers. 

So, until I get a chance to go through our photos and notes from the trip, here's something to hold you over.  A little taste of Japanese entertainment.



This is a famous Japanese comedian who was pranked.  He is put into a taxi and is on his way to the airport.  The cab driver asks if he's in a hurry and he says yes.  Then, it all goes downhill.  The cab driver tells the comedian he's going to take a shortcut to the airport and to buckle up (the comedian gets nervous because it's a racer's seat belt).  After it's all over, the driver asks for payment of 660 yen.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Dear Matt & Rebecca,

Welcome home! I look forward to hearing and reading about your trip.

Blessings,

Charlie